Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Menedék Alopitvany

Missions Conference
(Nahum 1:7) " The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him."
This weekend we had a missions conference with a missions organization called Menedék. It means "House of refuge". This ministry's focus is to help homeless people start their lives over again with Jesus Christ. They have done many amazing things. They started in 1984. During this time Communism was the reigningng force. Communisms view on mothers was that they were fit and able bodies for the work force, so that was what they did. The children no longer had a family to go home to after school, Communism was their parents. So the children quit going home and began sleeping on the streets and making gangs of clubs comprising all the other kids that did not want to go to their empty homes. This is when the church decided that they needed to do something about this. The saw the need and started a "tea club" than it just shot out from there. Later they began a home for boys, they started taking in children, and finding homes outside of Budapest for the boys who were stuck in gangs. They soon made a home for girls, and started feeding the homeless on the street. The Lord had provided for them in many ways to start this ministry, and has even provided a place to start the first christian elementary school. (very small) they began a music school, and have housed over 40 families at one time. Each having to take in 5 extra children to take care of.
In Budapest alone, there are over 1,500 homeless people. Wow this was a very sad conference, but made me realize how Great out God is! It did not shock me however the many stories and testimonies we heard, because I have seen alot on the streets of Budapest. The Lord has done so much throughout this ministry! It is so encouraging and awesome that the Lord is working in these peoples lives.
Matthew 25:40 "The king will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me!"
How do we deal with those we are suffering? Who are sick or do not have a place to stay? This gives us insight of the Lord's heart. May we help those in need, let us love others as Christ loves them. See others as Christ sees them!

The Lord has really been working in my heart the past couple of days, and I'v seen many things in my heart that I need to change. I have many battles that I need to fight, and sins that have unveiled. I'm learning that each day we are fighting these battles. The question is... how are you going to do it? We can never do it alone, and how many times is our perseverance and striving pleasing to the Lord?
Pray for me as the Lord is teaching me new things, and that I can personally apply them to my life!

This week we are going through the book of John! Today we had three hours of this class, and only got through the first chapter!! Wow! and it was so good! I have already learned so much! I can't wait to see what else will happen!

PRAYERS!
Please keep praying for my tuition. I have four more months to pay for!! Yeaah!
Please pray for my ministry. My Sunday school kids that they behave well, and that Chaz and I will be effective and that God will work through us! Also pray for this weekend! I am bringing 6 girls from school with me to the coffee house to show them the ministry that is going on there!! Pray that the Lord will keep us safe as we travel!

John 1:29 - "The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! i read this. its good to hear whats going on