Monday, January 19, 2009

1st week back

" The Scriptures were not given for our information, but for our transformation." - D.L Moody


This past week we had a class over Ephesians with Pastor Phil Moser! I enjoyed this class so much! We learned about how our spiritual lives should not be unchanged. What our purpose is, and our opportunities in unity, ministry, change, communication, our walk, relationships, and our battle.

~ The points that encouraged me the most in this course was how God has redeemed us. From all our sin. Jesus said that He has set us free!! 2:15 "by abolishing in His flesh the law with its commandments and regulations." We shouldn't hold onto our past "If Only's..." or our Futures "what if's!" I tend to do that alot. When we do think of those things, it is hard for us to disciple others, because we are too focused on ourselves. Another huge point that I enjoyed was how Ephesians shows our purpose, the reason God made us! It is absolutely beautiful!
Ephesians 3:10-22 " His intent was that now, through the church. the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose which he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord."
God created us so that we can experience and see His Great power and love, being like Christ. Wow it's so amazing to think that everything God has done and done through us and in us is for His own glory.
Ephesians 2:10 - "For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do!"
I wish I could write to you everything that encouraged me in this book, however I can't write you the whole book. So I just encourage YOU to read it for yourself!! I love how it teaches us also how to live our life worthy of our calling!

We have been taking a class on Evolution!! Wow when we first came into the class,
I felt like it was almost impossible to evangelize to someone who believed in evolution. Well NOT anymore! I am writing a paper on this topic and I can't wait to share it with all of you!! If you ever have any questions on this topic or are confused pleased ask!! It's just soooo incredible once you HEAR the whole story and see the HUGE picture of this topic. Did you know that almost every single scientist today believes that Darwinism is not correct, and as hard as they have try to understand the creation of this world and the most intimate detail, once they get closer and closer to figure something out. They get more and more amazed with how much detail and knowledge is in a single cell!! More and more scientist are coming to the idea that an inteligent designer must exist. Ahh ok I will leave the rest for my paper! but i will make sure to past it on here next week!! I have to go finish writing it first!! That was just a little preview!

In my room we are starting a study on "every women's battles." We have only gotten through the first chapter, but already it has made an impact on me. I'm excited to see more of the "lies" us women believe.

This week we are also having a course on "time management" and what we are planning for our future... It seems all common sense. It has truly made me sit down and think about what I want to see accomplished in my life, and where I want to be in 5 years. I have plenty of goals and I am willing to share them with you!! If not, hopefully you will SEE them when i get home!! =D


**Prayer**

I am praying for more support! I need to pay for 4 more months of bible school. So far the Lord has provided for my stay, and it has been very beneficial!
I ask if you would like to support me, please consider even just 10 dollars a month. Please keep me in your prayers!
Pray as well for my health and to trust in Him!

No comments: