Sunday, February 1, 2009

<3 Missions Inspires <3





Here are just some quotes that have been inspiring me lately! <3

"Love is the root of missions; sacrifice is the fruit of missions" -- Roderick Davis

"If you take missions out of the Bible, you won't have anything left but the covers" -- Nina Gunter

"Christ wants not nibblers of the possible, but grabbers of the impossible." -- C.T. Studd

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God" -- William Carey

"The Great Commission1 is not an option to be considered; it is a command to be obeyed" -- Hudson Taylor

The past couple weeks,we had a class over Missions!!!Now we are just starting a class on World Religions, about how we can share our faith with other religions, while getting to know what they believe!
I wrote a paper about a famous missionary to Africa. Her name was Mary Slessor! Her story is filled with passion and desire for the Lord! She did some amazing things in her life! I really encourage you if your looking for a good book, to read about her or any missionary stories! She has inspired me in so many ways!
My heart burns with the desire to understand the word and to express it to others in action! I pray that I can persuade others to do the same as well!
We have also started up this week doing "Prayer Groups" We do this every Wednesday. The group I chose to be in was the 10/40 Window group! This is the area of the world where there is the most unreached people. This group excites me alot, because I love to learn and hear about whats going on in other cultures and how we can pray for them! During this time, one person will present a country and what the major issues are. We will try and get hold of missionaries that are actually working there, and pray for them and their ministry. Now the 10/40 window is one of the dangerous parts of the world for Christians. There is much persecution going on! So each week I will let you know what country we are praying for and a tid bit of information going on around in the spiritual world!

This past weekend I brought 5 girls with me to the christian coffee house ministry on Friday night! it was a huge success and made out to be a great night! I was able to share with them the ministries I have put myself in, and to meet Eva a girl I've been discipline. We stayed the night at my friend Eva's house! It was so awesome how she let all of us stay there, even though it was very tight. We had a chance to pray all together before going to bed.
I pray that a couple of the girls I brought will want to evangelize on Friday nights at t coffee house more!
Eva's friends have been asking me to come back to their school in Mondays and teach English! It is a little difficult for me sometimes, with my work ministry, and school work... but please pray that I will have the time and energy to go there! I absolutely love going there, and think that it is a great opportunity to reach out to her high school friends. Her faith teacher even said that they might have a class trip to our school at Word of Life! How awesome would that be!! Please pray for them and that God will work through me when I see them!

SuMmEr - FuTuRe PlAnS aNd IdEaS!

After graduating in May. I plan on flying back to good ole Michigan! I will be doing my 8 weeks of ministry. Planning on at least 6 weeks at camp Ao-wa-kiya. There are several of friends I might help at their church or other ministries I am looking into, like, Woman At Risk. I would love to start an evangelism group, where we would put our faith into action! Teach youth how to share their testimony and street evangelism, or there is so much need in Grand Rapids, like reach to the urban, homeless, youth, and much more. My plans so far are to take communication classes at CC or some other ones of interest. I am applying for a couple bible school's to finish a degree, and praying about biblical counseling or teaching in missions!

PRAYERS!!!
* My ministry and that God would continue to work in my heart and the hearts of the people I will come encounter with!
* For my tuition. I am short on 4 months, and need about 1,000$ or more to still pay for. If you are encouraged at all by the ministry i am doing here, i would please ask for your support in even 10 dollars a month! You can send it to my home address or get special bank envelopes that goes right to my tuition fund account!!
* Please pray for my health, as many people here are getting sick.
* Pray that emotionally and physically I can continue to strive each day with a good heart and high spirit!!

Thank you so much for all your prayers and seeing whats happening in my life!!
Peace&Love in Christ alone!!
<3 amanda joy

2 comments:

Tracey A. said...

Amanda,
what you are doing is so inspiring. i am so happy that you are over there doing what you love and making a difference in the world. i think that is a true gift you have. you aren't afraid of anything. keep safe and keep doing what you're doing. i pray for you constantly and can't wait to see you again. love you! -Tracey :)

Its a Wonderful Life said...

Amanda,

I am praying for you! What an awesome opportunity you have. I wish I would have done something like you are doing when I was your age. I am looking forward to hearing all about your time there this summer. Kirk is speaking at camp week two and the girls and are also going to be there that week. Ellie is planning on being a camper again this year either week 5 or 6.

Have a good weekend!

Molly