Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Live for the Lord!

Hello!! Family, friends, and loved ones!!
The last week, We had one of my favorite guest speakers come in!! His name is Tim Good, and he is a missionary in Poland! He is a really fun smart guy and has a huge heart for serving the Lord! Plus the subject he taught on is an area where I have a desire to serve!! We learned about Bible Clubs, about youth groups, and how to make it most efficient. There are so many youth groups today that lose focus on the “MAIN IDEA” which is the message, fellowship, and discipleship. God has put in my heart a strong passion to work with the youth and I would love to disciple others! He gave us great ideas on how to lead a bible club! One thing I really loved was (MEMORIZING VERSES) ** How many people today really memorize verse?? Seriously, there are some amazingly fun ways to do it! And with games… doing competitions and bible quizzes! I really wished I had someone pushing me to study like that. He made it sound so much fun and exciting! Also how important it is to Love others!
Also last week we studied to book of Galatians! WOW let me tell you. This book is all about faith! Having faith in Christ alone, and letting the Holy Spirit guide you! It’s about Paul and him expressing his testimony to the Jews. There are several verses that I loved in this book!
• Those who believe are Abrahams Children. God knew that we would be justified by faith, and through Abraham All nations would be blessed! So those who have faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith…. (3:6-9)
• So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith (3:24)
• You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. (3:26)
• The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. (5:6)
This weekend we had Fall Break! I spent my time in Budapest. I went to the underground Christian Coffee house that YWAM runs, along with the Christian church (Danube) that I do Sunday school for! This, by the waaaay… went very well Sunday!! Praise the LORD! We did a fun skit, and had many helpers. The kids responded toward the message and listened. It excites me so much working with children! 
Please pray for my ministry! There are a couple of kids, which have some special needs and are sometimes hard to work with. Pray that God will give us the wisdom, and knowledge to work with them, and how to handle situations!
This week we are learning about (Church Planting) and for the next two weeks (Biblical Communications) which I will be presenting my testimony on Tuesday! So please pray for me!!
Other prayer Requests
1.) My tuition… may I always realize that I am in God’s will, and He will provide for me needs.
2.) That I keep up on the homework and stay focused. It is sometimes overwhelming the amount of work we have.
3.) To keep my fellowships with others an important!
THANK YOU!!!
GOD BLESS!! Peace&Love in Christ alone
Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. (Heb. 10:22-24)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the enthusiasm that you have. I couldn't imagine you serving in a better ministry than with youth! I see how you have really grown and matured spiritually and as a person! You are still crazy as always though! :-) (HUG!) I also love the book of Galatians and the insights that you had were really interesting! Who was the teacher for that?
It seems like you are keeping busy and probably feeling overwhelmed. :-) I will write you down in my prayer journal and pray for your requests.
Love you Amanda!

SIX Thirys said...

Amanda, it gives me unspeakable joy to see you enjoying the Word and actually getting something out of it. But, I must say, you weren't in a place spiritually to want to memorize scripture in high school. I could barely get you to read your Bible, let alone memorize it! Praise God for the desires He's now putting in your heart!