Friday, November 14, 2008

Personally... the Lord is teaching me how to Trust in Him. He has put me through a couple of trials with health problems and emotional struggles, but it all is to His glory! I believe God brings us through many storms in our life which we have to over come. Some are big and some are small... but in the end it can either make us have a stronger relationship with the Lord or make it worst... what are you going to choose? I pray that we will have the strength to persevere and pursue to live for Christ in this body! We can only get this strength from the Lord who is our ULTIMATEcomforter and peace!

One of my favorite classes is "Biblical Communications", which we had two weeks of this class! This class teaches us how to take a passage in scripture. For example Mark 2:1-12, and break it down. Like what is the main idea, (subject/complement)than learn how to make it an expository message of our own! and how to make a sermon! Putting in an illustration is what I love! I love making up illustrations for life in general! I have plenty! However when you can put an illustration that is understandable and relates to the scripture. It's so cool! and that illustration will most likely stay with you forever. I made mine making brownies, but i also have other illustrations dealing with life experiences where i related them to.... running, leaves, a cup, chocolate, cupcakes, a pot, shoe laces, and plenty more! but anyway i also got to share my testimony in front of class! I had to do it with a sort of outline. with the gospel in it, and within 5 min! =) he said i did good!

We also had a class on "We life of David." over 1 & 2 Samuel! It was a good class! allot to memorize though! I learned allot, and I learned so much in the heart. How God's people disobeyed and wanted to be like other nations and wanted a king. God let them have a king, but warned them that he wasn't going to be good. They only chose him for his good looks, not for his heart. Than we have David that is still not perfect but he has a heart for God! Well this was the same week as the elections in the states... and well all i can quote of him is this. "Good thing God is God, and we are not!" - God has everything in his control! Just stay faithful to him!

Right now we just took a class over Zechariah two couples from Michigan came!! there names were Phil and Lisa Bubar! They were so nice! and it was cool chatting with them about Home! =)It's so awesome how the book of Zechariah talks about the Messiah and to prepare for when he is coming! It also talked about when his SECOND coming is!! =D I love I've learned since last year and see it more now that the old testament is all about the heart... all God wants is TRULY out HEART! not to just "go to church, because that will please God" but go because you want to know HIM more!

We started a class on Roman Catholicism! wow it is so interesting right now! and actually very confusing! There is so much traditional beliefs to understand, and what their doctrine is all about. I never knew that all catholic churches have the same doctrine! It seems like they are all so different in ways. at least looking at the ones here! The look allot different for sure.

My MINISTRY!!! (Noah's Ark)
This week went sooo well!! it was all about obedience and the children were so cute! we talked about how God told Noah to build an Ark. And even though Noah couldn't understand why, and new that it would be tough work... he still did it because he wanted to OBEY God! =D the kids listened very well! we made a huge boat! (ark) out of two tables and a couple of sheets! had all the kids act like animals and find their partner to enter the ark!! We also made balloon animals and had another chance to give the gospel to the kids through a (balloon testimony)
SO Praise the Lord that the kids are listening and obeying! There are a couple of kids you can pray for though! we have a couple of kids with special needs. We also have several that can't speak English very well, so once in a while it's hard to get them to corporate with the rest of the kids!
Please pray also...
That the Lord will just give me the strength as I go through several trials... and that I am not alone. Thank you so much for your prayers and support as I'm here serving the Lord!
With Love&Peace in Christ alone
Amanda joy

2 comments:

judy bergen said...

Amanda, I enjoy reading your blog, it is very encouraging to me. Take care, love you!!
Judy

SIX Thirys said...

I love hearing what God is teaching you! I can't wait to talk in person whenever you get home.