Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Excitment for the BREAK~!! =)






Hey everyone!!
Christmas is coming up so fast! I can't believe that it's already December! Actually it doesn't even feel like Decemeber here. We had a small cold front come through which gave us enough snow to make the boys put a HUGE snowman infront of our room which eventually crashed and fell into our entryway all over our things... but besides that. Yesterday i was wearing shortsleves! it was so nice! Also the castle is decorated for Christmas and our room looks great! =P
ALL those praying for my ministry at Danube international church THANK you soo much!
This week was simply amazing! The children listened so well and they were soo cute! They really understood the lesson and the bible story! We did the lesson over Lot and Abram, and how he let Lot chose first. We have a choice to Obey God or not. It should be so simple, yet it is so hard. The young 4 and 5 year old boys in the room decided to serve the ladies the snacks and be like little gentelmen. It was so cute even though it kinda turned into a little flood on its own. haha. NOah's ark was a couple weeks ago. I have such a joy working with kids!! also I will be ministering there over the break since i will be here over Christmas! so please pray for me in that area and that everything will run smoothly. Keep praying for a couple of those boys in our room!
**ChRiStMaS bReAk**
John and I were asked to give our testimonies at a school in Esztergom. We will share a song with them in english to the younger classes and hopfully show our new Word of Life Pro-mo video to the high shcoolers if we get a chance. We are also planing on making an apperience at my friend Evi's high school in Budapest. She asked if we would come to her faith class and share our testimonies and promo video.
Pray that we will be able to do that. Also that God would give me oppertunities to witness to many people while i am staying here in Budapest, or traveling. Please pray for the 19th of this month. Evi and I thought of a great idea to have a "sleep over party" with several of her friends and girls from school. We will be playing fun games and other stuff to show them how much fun it can be without DrInKiNg. since it is a HUGE event here. We would like to share the gospel with all the girls later at night,and my testimony with them! Please pray that their hearts would be open to hear and that the night would just go well!

ClAsSeS tHiS wEeK ** wHaT iV bEeN lEaRnInG!!
So this past weekend I had the chance to read through alot of scripture! I read through both 1 and 2 Samual and some of Isaiah. I am just amazed with how much more I really desire to understand what I am reading. We have two weeks now of the book of Genesis. and two weeks of creationism!! Which is very awesome!! It's so crazy, did you know even the "greatest" evolutionist believe in a "higher power" even though they can't admit in God. These are very good verses. That go along with what i'm learning!
Romans 1:20-23

PERSONALLY!
I've had a revolation with the Lord. After having a hard and struggeling time trusting and relaying on the LORD, I realized how POWERFUL the Holy Spirit. I realized his presence and that there is no reason to fear about anything. God is always with us. We are never alone!!
Ephesians 4:30 - Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
Hebrews 13:5 - "Never will I leave you; never will i forsake you!"

WOW what awesome verses! i challenge you to realize you are in the presence of the MOST Holy God right now. and come to HIm with any of your problems, He will Comfort you!

Peace&Love in Christ alone
Amanda Joy

No comments: