Saturday, September 20, 2008

Street Evangelism!!

My first week of classes have been over "Street Evangelism." It was a ten hour class and our main goal was to get out of the class and DO IT! After learning the importance and skills of open air. We headed on busses to Budapest, THursday evening. We split up in groups since there was aboiut 60 of us. My group went near a park and was by a huge square. Each of us had at least one Hungarian speaker with us to translate if needed. I went out with Timi and we decided to break off the group that was doing the "scetch board" and talk with people in the park. There were mostly high school students and people around our age! It was really awesome. We talked to many teenagers. There were two girls inparticular that I had a chance to talk to. Who were very interested,and as I was sharing my testimony several other girls and friends just came, sat down and listened. soon there was a group of them! i got mostly all of their e-mails. I also had a chance to talk with two Muslim girls, many "catholics" that trully only been baptiszed, which from that they believe they are saved. I talked with an atheist, and a several more. We had about ten minutes left and I looked at my friend Gabor, who is hungarian, and i was like.."hey lets go save a life!" look theres a guy sitting on the bench! we were both really cold, but we both encouraged eachother to go. So we sat down next to.. his name was "Loci" and shared the gospel with him. He had some good questions but we were just being real with him. After awhile he accepted, and made the descision to make Christ first in his life, and know that He is the only way to heaven! It was so awesome! he was really excited! Well the bus ended up leaving us because they didn't want to wait. but a van of people picked us up later.
Friday, we went out again, I realized how Hungary really needs missionaries, I began to see how lost people were, almost every person I had talked to. This country trully needs your prayer... with their hardness of hearts, immortality, and abortions. Many teens are so caught up in the world.
Saturday I was out with two girls from school and we saw people doing pantamimes. It was actually some people I knew from the church I Sunday school at! It was sweet, because I already had tracks in my bag..so we went out and talked with people about what they saw! Also we had a chance to just sit down and sing praise songs with them right on the street!
Sunday was my first day of sunday school! I loved seeing all my kids from last year! They were so sweet, gave me a huge hug right when they saw me! This year, I believe we will be more involved with the church! They really appriciate what we do and how much time we put into the kids! They need help with leading childrens praise team on sundays, so I think I will get involved in that also!
As you can see, this bible school I am at, is not simply just learning the bible, It is MOSTLY about missions and ultimatly putting what we learn into our life mission. I am a missionary here. Thank you all for your prayer and if you feel God calling you to support me, please do!
You can get ahold of my parents, and they have special envelopes to fill out.
Jim & Beth Gilbert
6838 woodland bluff ne, comstock park, mi, 49321.... or number (616)785-8241
Or if you'd like to send me letter you can write me here
WOL Élet Szava
Tóalmás
Kókai u.2.
2252
HUNGARY
The website again for my school is, Eletszava.org and there is a link about more http://www.eletszava.org/admissions/en/

Thank you again so much for your prayer! Keep praying for Revival in Hungary!
Peace&Love in Christ alone
Amanda Joy

1 comment:

Jane said...

amanda, you rock my socks sista!!!
love always,
kara